St John’s CE Primary School has a very long history with its origins in the Old Penge Chapel which opened in 1837. By 1860 an infants' school was built on the present site in Maple Road and by 1863 there were three separate schools (Infants, Girls and Boys) using the two buildings. This continued until 1938 when St John’s Junior mixed and Infants school was established. In 1977 the site was extended and the current school building opened in September 1978.
Today we are a diverse school population and continue to be very proud of our Christian foundation. We seek to reflect this in all that we do to ensure everyone feels valued and included. We recognise that learning happens through a wide range of activities and in differing contexts and that children learn most when they are happy and feel confident. Through this mutual understanding we work together to achieve the God-given potential in all.