Cover Supervisor (One year Fixed Term)
Rye College is seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor on a one-year fixed term contract. This is a new position created with the aim of increasing the quality of cover lessons and supporting our teaching staff by adding capacity to the school. This role would suit perfectly a somebody that holds a degree and is interested in the teaching profession, or wishes to learn more about teaching before committing to further education. This position will be paid all-year on the Unqualified Teacher salary range, meaning the successful candidate will be fully paid throughout all school holidays.
Additional benefits include:
- Entry into the Teacher’s Pension Scheme, with 23.6% employer contributions
- 13 weeks per year ‘out of school’ time, fully paid
- 32.5 core hour working week over five days
- The opportunity to receive a postgraduate qualification and qualify as a Teacher after a qualifying period of service
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be interested in teaching and willing to learn a new role;
- Understand the importance of community within a small secondary school;
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- Be able to show confidence when managing behaviour;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Hold a good honours degree.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
- The opportunity to progress your career directly into being a qualified Teacher, without paying to train;
- A college in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful;
- 13 weeks ‘off-site’ time during school holidays;
- 23.6% employer pension contributions.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Unqualified Teacher Pay Scale (£25,323 to £27,406)
Hours: Full Time – Monday – Friday (32.5 hours per week)
Accountable to: Assistant Headteacher, Headteacher
Benefits: 13 weeks ‘off-site’ time during school holidays
23.6% employer pension contributions
The opportunity to receive a postgraduate qualification and qualify as a Teacher after a qualifying period of service
How to apply
Please send your application, outlining your suitability for the role against the enclosed person specification and job description, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, submit your application to Recruitment, Aquinas, Magpie Hall Lane, Bromley, BR2 8HZ.
Please note a signed copy of your application form will be required prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to bring appropriate identification with them to interview. For the purpose of DBS clearance, only copies of the successful applicant’s identification will be retained.
All candidates should provide two references. Permission should be sought prior to including any referee on your application form. Shortlisted candidates may have their references taken-up before any interview – unless explicitly requested in your application.