Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Aquinas is committed to the promotion of equality throughout the Trust so that all individuals have equality of opportunity and do not suffer any discrimination, directly or indirectly. In accordance with the Public Sector Equality Duty, as embodied by the Equality Act 2010 (the Act), Aquinas is committed to:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Fostering good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
Aquinas has an Equality Policy and a single equality scheme and statement which reflect the aims of the Act and which is followed by all academies within the Trust.
The Act details nine Protected Characteristics: Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage and Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex and Sexual Orientation. In accordance with the Act, the Trust and its academies have considered how our policies and practices affect the staff and pupils who share these Protected Characteristics and Appendix 1 details Aquinas’ equality information to show how we do this.
In addition to the equality information, Aquinas has established 4 equality objectives to address any areas of inequality or possible inequality. These are found at Appendix 2.
The strategic vision and plan for Aquinas, as agreed by the Board of Trustees, takes into account different groups.
- Appendix 1 Equality Information 2021-2022
- Appendix 2 Equality Objectives 2021-2025
- Appendix 3 Equality Data 2021-2022
- Equality Policy