Head of Business
We are very pleased to advertise for the position of Head of Business at Bishop Justus Church of England School.
The successful applicant will be respectful of the Church of England’s vision for education, whilst encouraging all students and staff to flourish and realise our strong vision that there should be “no outsiders” at Bishop Justus. The six Christian virtues that all stakeholders abide by: Faith, Love, Hope, Courage, Kindness and Wisdom, will need to underpin the work of the new post holder.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent teacher of Business;
- Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
Salary & Benefits
Grade: MPS/ UPS + TLR 2A
Hours: Full Time
Accountable to: Assistant Headteacher
Bishop Justus Church of England School
Magpie Hall Lane
How to apply
Please send your application, outlining your suitability for the role against the enclosed person specification and job description, by email to email@example.com.
Please note a signed copy of your application form will be required prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to bring appropriate identification with them to interview. For the purpose of DBS clearance, only copies of the successful applicant’s identification will be retained.
All candidates should provide two references. Permission should be sought prior to including any referee on your application form. Shortlisted candidates will have their references taken-up before any interview.