Rye Community Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Nursery Practitioner to join in our classroom-based nursery. The nursery setting will consist of children aged between 2 and 4 years old. The nursery is currently open for 5 days a week, Monday - Friday from 8:30am to 3.30pm. These times are open to change in the light of the needs of the community. Staff will work to a rota system in order to ensure that appropriate staffing levels and expertise are maintained throughout the setting’s opening periods.
Staff will be able and enthusiastic about working with a variety of professional disciplines and to put the child at the centre of their work.
Our ideal Candidate will demonstrate an understanding of:
- The foundation stage learning goals.
- How children learn and develop between the ages 2 and 4.
- The importance of children’s holistic development in important areas such as speech, personal social and emotional development, physical development, literacy and numeracy.
- The effect of developmental stage, wellbeing and circumstances on a child’s learning and development.
- The significance of attachment, the key person’s role and how significant events can impact a child.
- How to support children through transitions.
- Hold Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education & Care
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- The legal requirements and guidance concerning safeguarding, security, confidentiality and promoting welfare.
- Safeguarding policies and procedures, including online safety and child protection.
- Your role in relation to safeguarding, security child protection, reporting and confidentiality.
- The signs that a child is in danger or at risk of serious harm or abuse, and the necessary action required to protect them.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the children’s life chances;
- A school in which the children are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our school prior to application.
Rye Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the Foundation.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Single Status Grade 4 Point 9 – 10 (£23,114 - £23,500)
Pro-Rata Salary: £20,214.78 - £20,552.36
Hours Per Week: 37 Per Week (Full-time)
Weeks Per Year: 39 Weeks Per Year (Term-time only)
Accountable to: Headteacher
Rye Community Primary School
How to apply
Please send your letter of application by email to email@example.com. Alternatively, submit your application to Headteacher, Rye Community Primary School, The Grove, Rye TN31 7ND.
Please note a signed copy of your application form will be required prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to bring appropriate identification with them to interview. For the purpose of DBS clearance, only copies of the successful applicant’s identification will be retained.
All candidates should provide two references. Permission should be sought prior to including any referee on your application form. Shortlisted candidates may have their references taken-up before any interview – unless explicitly requested in your application.