Teacher of Art
Rye College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher of Art, who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge, to join our highly-motivated team. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from experienced teachers or ambitious newcomers.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent teacher to students of all abilities in key stages 3 and 4;
- Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Main or Upper Pay Scale (£25,714 to £41,064 FTE)
Hours: Full Time – 32.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Accountable to: Head of Art/Headteacher
How to apply
Please send your letter of application by email to email@example.com for the attention of the Headteacher.
Alternatively, submit your application to HR Assistant, Rye College, The Grove, RYE TN31 7ND.
Please note a signed copy of your application form will be required prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to bring appropriate identification with them to interview. For the purpose of DBS clearance, only copies of the successful applicant’s identification will be retained.
All candidates should provide two references. Permission should be sought prior to including any referee on your application form. Shortlisted candidates may have their references taken-up before any interview – unless explicitly requested in your application.