Teacher of Mathematics + 2iC TLR
Bishop Justus Church of England School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and inspirational 2iC Teacher of Mathematics to a key leadership post within our Mathematics Department. The successful candidate will support our Subject Leader in delivering a high-quality knowledge rich education for our students. Mathematics is a popular choice at A Level so experience at KS5 is an advantage.
The successful candidate must be able to establish excellent relationships with students and colleagues, be flexible in their approach and provide clear leadership to the department through excellent communication skills.
Our school is driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are looking for a colleague who shares those ambitions and is committed to helping students achieve their full potential.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent Teacher of Mathematics;
- Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and be able to lead innovation within a team;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
Salary & Benefits
Grade: MPS/UPS + TLR 2A
Hours: Full Time
Accountable to: Subject Leader Maths
Bishop Justus Church of England School
Magpie Hall Lane
How to apply
Please send your application, outlining your suitability for the role against the enclosed person specification and job description, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note a signed copy of your application form will be required prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to bring appropriate identification with them to interview. For the purpose of DBS clearance, only copies of the successful applicant’s identification will be retained.
All candidates should provide two references. Permission should be sought prior to including any referee on your application form. Shortlisted candidates will have their references taken-up before any interview.