Teacher of Performing Arts - Drama & Music
Rye College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher of Performing Arts: teachers with the ability to teach Drama and Music are particularly welcome to apply. We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge, to join our highly-motivated team. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from experienced teachers or ambitious newcomers.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent teacher of Performing Arts, preferably Drama and Music, to students of all abilities in key stages 3 and 4;
• Have a love of the subject/s and desire and ability to convey this to students;
• Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
• Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
• Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
• Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
• Be committed to continuing professional learning;
• Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
• Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
• A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
• A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
• A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
• A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
• A college in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our college prior to application.
Rye College is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.
Salary & Benefits
Remit: Teacher of Performing Arts – Drama, Music
Salary: Main or Upper Pay Scale (£30,000 to £46,525 FTE)
Hours: Full Time / Part Time (Flexible for the right candidate)
Accountable to: Assistant Headteacher, Headteacher
Please send your letter of application by email to email@example.com for the attention of the Headteacher.
Alternatively, submit your application to HR Assistant, Rye College, The Grove, RYE TN31 7ND.
Please note a signed copy of your application form will be required prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to bring appropriate identification with them to interview. For the purpose of DBS clearance, only copies of the successful applicant’s identification will be retained.
All candidates should provide two references. Permission should be sought prior to including any referee on your application form. Shortlisted candidates may have their references taken-up before any interview – unless explicitly requested in your application.