Teaching Assistant (Critical Thinking)
Bishop Justus Church of England School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teaching Assistant with Critical Thinking. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from all who have relevant experience, ideally holding a similar role.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a flexible attitude;
- Be an excellent Teaching Assistant;
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning.
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills;
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks;
- Possess a friendly and helpful demeanour;
- Has passion and motivation within their role and
- Has integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
Salary & Benefits
Grade: Aquinas 3
Full Time Salary Range: £19,505.00 p.a - £20,796.00 p.a
Pro Rata Actual Salary: £14,851.00 p.a - £15,834.00 p.a
Allowance: A2 £1,632.00 p.a
Hours: 32 hours per week x 39 weeks per year
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Accountable to: SENCO
Bishop Justus Church of England School
Magpie Hall Lane
How to apply
Please send your application, outlining your suitability for the role against the enclosed person specification and job description, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note a signed copy of your application form will be required prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to bring appropriate identification with them to interview. For the purpose of DBS clearance, only copies of the successful applicant’s identification will be retained.
All candidates should provide two references. Permission should be sought prior to including any referee on your application form. Shortlisted candidates will have their references taken-up before any interview.