Early Years Practitioner
Early Years Practitioner (Level 3)
Salary: Single Status Grade 4, Point 9-10 (FTE: £18,426-18,795)
Accountable to: Nursery Manager, Head of School
Hours: Term time only – 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 22nd February 2019
Rye Community Primary School, which incorporates Pugwash Nursery, is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Early Years Practitioner to work as part of our Foundation Stage team delivering a ‘flying start’ to our children’s education.
The school is an architecturally acclaimed building which opened in 2008. The Nursery operates from a spacious, purpose built extension completed in 2017. There are approximately 400 pupils on roll including those children in Pugwash Nursery.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a caring, empathetic approach and understands the needs of children;
- Has the required NVQ Level 3 qualification to work with our youngest children;
- Is passionate about getting the best from all our children through consistent, high quality teaching that leads to outstanding achievements;
- Embraces a challenge and strives for the best;
- Has enthusiasm for creativity and innovation throughout the curriculum;
- Is motivated and inspired to attain high goals;
- Acknowledges excellence and challenges performance;
- Is an excellent communicator, who can build strong partnerships with parents, families and the wider community;
- Is committed to the nursery, the school, our pupils and the community;
- Is dedicated to inclusion and a child’s right to participate.
We invite you to become a part of:
- A team of enthusiastic teachers, practitioners and other professionals;
- A nursery with supportive parents and a trust committed to continuous improvement;
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the children’s life chances;
- A nurturing environment in which children enjoy nursery, are keen to learn and eager to take part in activities which promote lifelong learning;
- A school where every child really does matter.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our school prior to application.
Rye Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.